Sundance has an excellent opportunity for an Assistant Jewelry Manager at our new retail store opening in Southlake Town Square, Southlake, TX. Sundance is committed to providing customers with world class service while offering unique products that showcase artistic inspiration and a commitment to the environment.
The Assistant Jewelry Manager partners with store management in driving store sales by offering outstanding customer service, persistent attention to detail in supervising the jewelry department and providing general support to the management team. Train the staff in jewelry product knowledge including making them aware of new items, top sellers and special artisans and their unique relationship to Sundance. Guard the jewelry assets and maintain company policy on inventory control and loss prevention as it relates to the jewelry area. Manage jewelry inventory cycle counts on a regular basis as is specified by company policy. Assist the management team in store opening, closing and general floor supervision as scheduled and needed. Consistently demonstrate and uphold the Sundance culture with the utmost integrity.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Customer service is key you must always lead by example. Most of your time will be spent on the sales floor and developing a customer sales book of jewelry customers.
* Listens to customers and uses their feedback to improve service levels in the jewelry area but with a focus on the store in general.
* Achieves store budget sales, payroll and inventory goals. Analyzes jewelry sales trends and develop plans to maximize profits and minimize costs.
* Executes operational tasks as directed, with a keen eye on the bottom line profitability of the store.
* Must be familiar with all operations of the store and able to pitch in where needed.
* Consistently exceed the expectations and requirements of both the internal and external customer.
* Provides ongoing sales and product training for the staff to achieve sales goals.
* In addition to assisting the management team in the general operations of the store your key responsibility will be to focus on the jewelry area. You along with the Store Manager are the liaison between the store, and the support office. You will work closely with inventory planning and allocation to manage inventory levels in your department.
* Active in product knowledge training of the staff and encouraging a store environment where turnover is kept to a minimum.
* Provides challenging goals and assignments to ensure all associates are trained and performing to company expectations
* Motivates and develops associates by providing frequent developmental discussions, product training, sales and service techniques. Assists in writing and delivering store associate reviews.
Standards of Operations
* Maintains disciplines for visual standards, store cleanliness.
* Monitors inventory procedures, and sees that shrink goals are met.
* Keeps tight controls and management of all jewelry stock/inventory while maintaining a tidy, organized and secured work area.
* Keeps all jewelry in its appropriate location clearly labeled and on display.
* Consistently enforces all company policies and procedures. Performs opening/closing procedures and ensures bank deposits are done daily.
* Keeps open and responsive communication with Store Manager as well as the District Manager.
* Completes other tasks and projects as assigned.
Desired Skills and Expertise
* Associates degree in a related field required, BS or BA preferred.
* 5 plus years retail management experience, including previous specialty retail general, store manager responsibilities.
* Experience with a premium brand retailer.
* Experience in an environment where customers service is highly regarded.
* Ability to read and write English fluently, including business communication.
* Computer literacy including use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
* Proven critical judgment and decision-making skills.
* Proven effective interpersonal skills at all levels.
Personal Attributes Essential for Success
* Willingness to do whatever is necessary to get the job done. Excitement about a job well done. Self-motivated. Desire to be promoted to the next level and grow with the company.
* Passion and enthusiasm grounded in business reality.
* Driven by customer satisfaction, both internally and externally.
* Value integrity and accountability.
* Encourage teamwork and empower employees to achieve excellence.
* Collaborative management style.
* Ability to work in a retail store environment, e.g. standing, merchandising, stocking shelves, etc.
* Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds to 25 pounds.
* Some travel required.
We offer a competitive wage and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k) and product discounts. For consideration, send resume to Sundance, 3865 West 2400 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84120, c/o Sonny McGlothlin, District Manager, via fax (801) 978-3235 or email Sonny.McGlothilin@Sundance.net.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. EOE