PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Associate Manager is an entry-level, hourly management position that supports the Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager with generating sales, store operations, interacting with customers, ensuring an outstanding customer experience and enforcing all policies and procedures. This role is a developmental opportunity in preparation for an Assistant Store/ Store Manager position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Â Create an outstanding buying experience for the customer
- Â Work with the sales representatives to problem solve customer issues
- Â Set the example for the staff to follow
- Â Conduct follow-up training on an ongoing basis
- Â Keep staff informed on policies and procedures and merchandise changes
- Ensures all company policies, standards, and procedures are consistently followed
Education & Formal Training
- A High School diploma or general education degree
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to determine and shift priorities quickly
- Ability to carry out detailed tasks and projects with minimal direction or supervision. Self Starter is a plus!
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive working relationships
- Must be able to concentrate in an intense, fast-paced environment with numerous distractions
Experience & Skills
- 1-2 years; supervisory/management experience in a retail sales environment or similar fast paced, customer service environment, preferred.
- Ability to lead and mentor employees
- Ability to work varying hours and schedules to include days, mid shifts, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Previous retail sales experience and outstanding customer service skills
- Must be able to make change using American Monetary units.
- Ability to utilize retail POS System & Inventory Scanner
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Requires ability to rapidly and constantly lift large and heavy packages and boxes and to perform a continuous process ofÂ loading and unloading large boxes throughout a scheduled shift
- Must have ability to safely lift minimum of 50 lbs. without restrictions
- The ability to be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time
- Able to reach overhead, bend, kneel, and carry product, necessary for customer service, re-stocking inventory, processing shipment and store merchandising.
- Ability to use and climb ladders safely.
- Able to regularly perform store maintenance items: sweep, vacuum, empty trash, clean
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude and ability to deal effectively with guests, management, employees and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines with attention to detail.
- Lifting, twisting and turning carrying items on a constant basis.