Summer Beauty Must Haves
July 20, 2017
“Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it.” – Russell Baker
Summer Beauty Must Haves
Summer, you may be hot. But we are hotter.
Must-have beauty essentials for summer are products that keep you cool, beautiful, and ready to beat the heat. Throw them in your Vera Bradley bag (pictured above) for that good kind of glow, no matter where you go. This summer, make Southlake Town Square your stop for a beautiful season. Find these must-haves at your favorite beauty destinations in the Square!
Summertime – oh yeah, we got you.
1. Sure, it’s hot – but rebound fast using rapid replenishment with this Hit Refresh Cooling Moisturizer (Origins, $35). This refreshing, lightweight hydrator that is fortified with Hawaiian Mineral Water is a vibrant essential oil blend of wild mint, spearmint, and eucalyptus. This moisturizer reinvigorates your skin, leaving you feeling cool and smooth (and smelling good too!).
2. Protect your pucker with Soothing Lip Saver (Origins, $15.50) – a savior for dry lips! Within minutes, lips look and feel like new. Extra plus: this balm’s invisible protective barrier lasts to help defend against harmful elements. No pouting required!
3. Yes, you read correctly – MOUSSE! SuperGoop Sunscreen Mousse (Sephora, $19) is a super-lightweight, hydrating mousse that makes protecting your skin from the sun’s harmful rays easy and fun. Use it on your body and in your hair to protect that sensitive scalp from sunburn! Genius! Why didn’t we think of this…??
4. Listen to your mother – Always. Wear. Sunscreen. We love SuperGoop Everyday Sunscreen (Sephora, $19)! Ideal for all skin types, this fast-absorbing, easy-to-apply, broad-spectrum SPF 50 sunscreen provides protection for face and body in a skin nourishing lotion that is truly meant to be worn every day. Natural extracts of lemon, orange, basil, and bois de rose provide a subtle scent with no unpleasant “sunscreen-y” smell. And no white, chalky feel. Yes, please!
5. Just because you’ve spent your summer in the comfort of A/C doesn’t mean you can’t look like you’ve been basking in a tropical paradise. Get your sun-kissed glow with Lune + Aster Moonrise Glow & Contour bronzer (Bluemercury, $46). This two-toned palette is multi-functional and definitely beautiful!
6. Whether swimming or sunning, keep your lashes looking luscious with Trish McEvoy High Volume Mascara (Bluemercury, $31.50). This revolutionary volume mascara forms water-resistant tubes 360 degrees around each hair for the look of full, long lashes. It also dries instantly and won’t smudge or smear. Biggest bonus? Even though it’s waterproof, this mascara washes away easily with warm water.
7. There’s nothing like getting your makeup perfected only to melt off the minute you step out into the Texas heat. Peony Perfecting Mist (L’Occitane, $16) is a delicately-fragranced, face mist that sets your make-up while refreshing and cooling your skin. Plus, it can be used at any time of the day – just toss it in your bag and go!
The perfect scent for summer, L’Occitane’s Citrus Verbena smells zesty and sunny with its fresh and fruity notes. Take a whiff of summertime by using their 8. Stick Deodorant (L’Occitane, $16) and 9. Invigorating Body Mist (L’Occitane, $16) for an immediate sensation of freshness and well-being.
What’s your favorite summer beauty must-have?